It is NORMAL to feel scared and wonder what you're going to do. It's ok to feel that you don't want her to be pregnant.
The two of you can do this. The woman in your life needs you to support her by talking to her and letting her know she has options. You can help her make positive decisions that both of you will be comfortable with. We can help you. Give us a call!
- LISTEN: She's scared too.
- STAY CALM: She needs your support big time right now.
- TALK ABOUT IT: Not only with her, but you will probably need to talk with her parents and yours. Think about other people who you trust.
- GO SLOWLY: Get all the information you need to make an informed decision. You've got time. Don't be in a rush to make a big decision. Seek out a spiritual leader or a person who gives wise advice.
- TALK ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL: It's normal to be scared, overwhelmed, be angry or frustrated. You are not alone and she needs to feel she is not alone.
- COME IN TO TALK: At the Hope Clinic, we can give you facts and let you talk about your situation.
- DON'T BAIL: Running from this just makes it harder to think and act in everyone's best interest.
- DON'T PRESSURE HER: Now is the time to talk and work through this together.
- DON'T FORGET: That you played a role in this situation.
Services For Dads
Once you've found out that you are going to be a dad, we've got programs to help you whether you are a dad-to-be or already a new dad. Check out our services to register for parenting classes and to learn how you can earn free things for your baby.
We have guy mentors at both clinics who can a schedule a time with you to talk about your situation. They are great listeners and would love to help you.
Options for an Unplanned Pregnancy
You may have already found yourself experiencing problems from having sex. Maybe your partner is pregnant and you are both scared. Where do you go from here? The links below will direct you to more information.